E-M:/ from Dow Scientist

EMs

I want to share with you an e-mail from a retired Dow scientist who has been very critical of a Dow's so called Healthy Worker studies and the manipulation and omissions in data they put out for public consumption in attempt to minimize the toxicity of dioxin.  I would encourage all of you to read the following and go to the link provided and read the story of Sarah.

While corporations crank up the PR and politicians ponder and labor over their next steps, and we fight our daily environmental battles, we often  forget that real people with families and children are the  victims of the chemical trespass we are all forced to live in. My hope is that Dave will continue to share these stories with all of us.  Dave Linhardt is author of dioxinspin.com.

Michelle Hurd Riddick
Lone Tree Council

Friends,

Dow's mortality studies provide ample evidence that employee death rates from certain cancers are elevated, some being statistically significant.  Due to a lack of data, we do not know if a similar increase in mortality has been experienced by persons living in Midland and riverside neighborhoods which have high levels of dioxin contamination.

Statistics have definite value but they do not provide any information about the persons that died prematurely or the pain and loss suffered by their family and friends.  In fact, "medical privacy" laws prohibit the release of personal information.  Perhaps, if a name and a history was associated with each premature death, the long overdue correct action would have been already implemented.

In the spring, I placed an ad in the Midland Daily News requesting contact with anyone that believes his/her illness or a death is related to dioxin exposure.  The response was far greater than expected.

From time to time, I would like to share what I know about a person whose death may have been related to dioxin exposure and whose death came too early.

Let me introduce you to "Sarah"  http://www.mdn-rejected.com/editorials.htm

Dave Linhardt