[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ MSU & Nano: the next GMO Debacle? MSU conference Oct 26-27
- Subject: E-M:/ MSU & Nano: the next GMO Debacle? MSU conference Oct 26-27
- From: MCKENNA193@aol.com
- Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:50:07 EDT
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: MCKENNA193@aol.com
Is Michigan State University again doing the bidding capitalist agribusiness?
Next week, on October 26, 27, MSU will host the "First International IFAS Conference on Nanotechnology," with the topic, What Can Nano Learn from Bio?Lessons from the Debate over Agrifood Biotechnology and GMOS
A few invited speakers will question the new nano-technologies, but there are no strong anti-agribusiness critics on the panels, as I could determine. And even if there were, the overall impact of cultural forms like this is to acclimate professionals & the public to the [false] inevitability of the new technologies.
Anyone who has the time and interest, please monitor and report on this conference for us!