E-M:/ Your input can help protect Lake St. Clair

What:

The Lake St. Clair Coastal Land Use Forum

When:

Wednesday Oct. 26th, 2005 from 6:30-9pm

Where:

The Grosse Pointe War Memorial
32 Lakeshore Dr.
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236

Join Ken DeBeausseart, Director of the office of the Great Lakes, Victoria Pebbles, from the Great Lakes Commission, and Mike Klepinger, from Michigan Sea Grant, at the Lake St. Clair coastal land use forum. We will be discussing ways to improve coordination of local and state policies affecting our precious coastline along Lake St. Clair. Michigan Environmental Council, Clean Water Action, and MSU Extension are holding the Lake St. Clair coastal land use forum with community groups and concerned citizens to identify specific common coastal land use issues, needs and opportunities for improving coordination, and overall protection at the local and state levels.

You'll have the opportunity to talk about problems in your community, you'll learn more about everyday things that you can do to protect Lake St. Clair, and you'll learn about what has been done already to protect the heart of the Great Lakes. Other panelists include: Bethany Renfer the Michigan Program Coordinator for Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund, Kathleen Bolton the Conservancy Coordinator for the Macomb Land Conservancy, Andy Hartz from the DEQ’s Land and Water Division, Melissa Vachon from LocalMotion, Connie Boris from the Wayne County Conservation District, Matthew Moussiaux the co-chair of the St. Clair Shores Waterfront Advisory, and Mark Richardson the Asst. Macomb County Prosecutor for Water Quality.

We're looking forward to seeing you there!

Best Regards,
Christy McGillivray
Clean Water Action

P.S. Please contact Christy McGillivray, (cmcgillivray@cleanwater.org), at 586.783.8900 for more information, questions, or to RSVP.