E-M:/ Factory Farm events Nov. 2-3

Enviro-Mich message from Cynthia Price <skyprice@gmail.com>

This is my third attempt to get this information across. Several
people notified me that they couldn't read my previous posting --
though I talked to one who could over the weekend -- so I tried to
send out the pdf. I found out late Friday that that was apparently too
big to go through (there's a 40K limit) and this is the first chance
I've had to address it.

I'll just send out a brief summary and anyone who wants more detailed
information can contact me. My cell number is 231-578-0873, and I see
my e-mail several times a day.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Cynthia Price
Greater Grand Rapids Food Systems Council

FACTORY FARM EVENTS IN GRAND RAPIDS

National economics expert Bill Weida of the Factory
Farm Campaign for the Global Resource Action Center for the
Environment (GRACE) will be in Grand Rapids for public events Nov. 2-3.
The events are sponsored by Farms Without Harm, a new network of
groups working on the factory farm/CAFO issue.

The event Nov. 2 (7 PM, at Wealthy Theater, 1130 Wealthy St. SE, starts with the
film "As We Sow" and follows up with a panel discussion that features
Bill Weida as well as Ann Woiwode, Jill Johnson of Crane Dance Farm,
Marilynn Momber of the Michigan Farmers' Union, and animal advocate
James Hurst of Uniting for Justice. There's a suggested $5 donation to
the Wealthy Theater.

Nov. 3, at 7 PM, Weida will speak on "The Hidden Cost of the Food We
Eat" at Aquinas College, in the Donnelly Center. This is co-sponsored
by Aquinas's Sustainable Business program. There is no cost, and there
will be a reception afterward.

There are opportunities for farmers and others to meet with Mr. Weida,
so please feel free to contact me if there's interest.