E-M:/ Nov Green Coffee: "End of Suburbia" film and "Off-Grid House" charette

TIFF image

Join O2 MICHIGAN
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 16 AT 5:30 PM

Architect Dave Sebolt will be hosting this evenings activities at our new meeting location at the {recently spruced-up} Environmental House in Ann Arbor! (thanks to Jason Bing for inviting us to hold our meetings at the EnHouse)

WEDNESDAY  NOVEMBER 16, 2005  O2 GROUP MEETING: Note times below.

TOPICS: 1. MOVIE:   "END OF SUBURBIA",   and  2. "OFF-GRID HOUSE" CHARETTE
       (come to either one or both)

AGENDA:
5:30-6pm  arriving, for those who can come early.  Bring some food and drink, or food (pizza, subs/sandwiches, etc.) also available within short walking distance.

6:00 pm "End of Suburbia" -  movie about Peak Oil, and transitioning to a more stable life in a post "cheap-energy" world.  The implications are strong about creating more sustainable living patterns and economies which don't depend on cheap energy for their success.  Very powerful.

7:30pm  (approximately)-   discussion about the movie, transitioning into what an "Off-Grid" house and housing might mean in order to build it sustainably, as well as affordably for the general population.  Design approaches per group interests and skills to be explored.

Questions regarding the evenings activities?   Contact Dave Sebolt at 734-747-8860   or   davsebo@yahoo.com<x-tad-bigger>

----------------------------

Environmental House at Recycle Ann Arbor
2420 S Industrial Hwy
Ann Arbor, MI 48104</x-tad-bigger>

for information or directions to the EnHouse : (734) 662-6288

map and directions link:
http://www.google.com/local?output=html&q=2420+South+Industrial+Ann+Arbor+Michiga&btnG=Search&latlng=42383333,-83296667,8510363751240019557

EnHouse website:
http://www.environmentalhouse.org/