[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Alito gutted Lansing - Supreme Ct. Nominee hurt us
- Subject: E-M:/ Alito gutted Lansing - Supreme Ct. Nominee hurt us
- From: MCKENNA193@aol.com
- Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:12:11 EST
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: MCKENNA193@aol.com
CounterPunch Writers Cockburn and St. Clair review Alito's record today and find a Lansing connection. see: Not as Crazy as Scalia, But Just as Bad Holy Alito!
In 2001 Alito wrote a majority opinion striking down an EPA order mandating that the W.R.Grace Company clean up drinking water that its fertilizer plant had poisoned in Lansing, Michigan. Alito said the EPA lacked a rational basis for imposing such a costly burden on the company."
for the entire column, go to the following link and scroll down past the funding appeal: