E-M:/ Should we try to drill our way out of energy trouble - or protect "Lands of Enchantment"?

Enviro-Mich message from Doug Cowherd <dcow2@yahoo.com>

The energy industry - and the politicians who play
ball with them - are trying to plant drill rigs in
some of the best remaining natural spots.  Michigan's
Mason Tract is one of the latest sites for this
shameful short-term thinking.  ANWR just had a close
call - and they'll be back.

On Tuesday November 15 in Ann Arbor, we'll learn about
the assault on New Mexico's Otero Mesa.  It's one of
the Lower 48's most spectacular -- and imperiled --
wilderness areas.  Nathan Small from the New Mexico
Wilderness Alliance will present "Lands of
Enchantment:  Protecting the Grasslands of Otero Mesa
and Wilderness in New Mexico."

Newcomers are welcome to this free, family-friendly
event, which begins at 7:30 pm at the beautiful
Matthaei Botanical Gardens (directions below).

Doug Cowherd
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

The Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group's monthly public
programs are normally held at 7:30 pm on the third
Tuesday of each month at the Matthaei Botanical
Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Rd. between Geddes
and Plymouth Roads, east of Ann Arbor and US-23.

Events information:
http://www.michigan.sierraclub.org/huron/

http://mail.yahoo.com