Re: E-M:/ Conservancy News article

The article below on the Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy  is a well-deserved glowing review of a non-profit organization that really knows how to use its resources efficiently.  I never cease to be amazed at how much terrific land Jack Smiley and his crew have - with little fanfare - preserved forever in a contiguous band between Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, and Canton.

I don't know of any land trust in this part of  Michigan that has raised so much of it's own money for this purpose - and they've done this mostly with volunteers doing the work.  Whenever I contribute money to SMLC I know that it's being used for preserving land, not for bloated staffing and overhead.

The News article's a good one - I can't wait until there's a book on all that Jack and SMLC have done for us and for future generations.

http://www.mlive.com/news/aanews/index.ssf?/base/news-15/1131982883296190.xml&coll=2

A new home down on the farmstead Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy moves to offices in Superior Township