Re: E-M:/ "Are Deer Good for Michigan?" Michigan Radio Nov. 15

During a radio interview the other day, a newswoman asked me, "What is the big attraction about deer hunting? Why do so many people do it? Why is it such a big thing in Michigan?"

All legitimate questions if you're not one of the roughly 800,000 people who hunt deer with a modern firearm, bow and arrow or muzzle-loader, or maybe all three, as I do.

I started trying to explain, but after a few seconds I realized it was fruitless -- no, impossible -- and just said that it's something you have to experience to understand.