E-M:/ Water Forum at Oakland University TONIGHT

S.P.I.N. (Students Promoting Interest in Nature) and Sierra Club Present…

2005 Water Forum

Tuesday, November 29 at 7pm

Banquet Room A in Oakland Center

The panel will be moderated by Jessica Henry (S.P.I.N. President)

Panelists include:

Jason Barbose (Public Interest Research Group in Michigan Field Organizer)

Linda Schweitzer (Oakland University Professor)

Ken DeBeaussaert (Director of the Michigan Office of the Great Lakes)

Melissa Damaschke (Sierra Club Conservation Organizer)

Here in Michigan, the Great Lakes are critical to our tourist economy, agriculture, shipping, commercial and sport fisheries, recreational activities, and our drinking water supply.  Find out from the panelists how important it is that we protect this precious water from mercury pollution, privatization and withdrawal, fertilizers and pesticides, and other harmful toxins.

For more information, contact Melissa at 248-435-5277 or melissa.damaschke@sierraclub.org.

DIRECTIONS:  Take I-75 north to University Drive and head east straight onto the campus.  Follow the circle almost completely around and then turn right (look for Sierra Club sign).  Parking will be on the left and the Oakland Center will be on the right.  Follow the Sierra Club signs.  Enter the Oakland Center and follow Sierra Club signs to Banquet Room A.

Melissa Damaschke

Sierra Club Conservation Organizer

100 North Crooks Road, Suite 105

Clawson, MI 48017