E-M:/ Online forum aimed at Great Lakes issues

The Great Lakes Town Hall, created by the Wisconsin-based Biodiversity Project, is a Web-based forum where anyone with access to the Internet may discuss and debate issues affecting the massive lakes. The site allows users to share personal stories and photos related to the lakes, read Great Lakes-related articles and participate in online discussions and debates with scientists, policymakers, advocates and authors.

"The lakes are both magnificent and vulnerable. It's more important than ever to engage our community in the future of our Great Lakes," said Jeffrey Potter, a spokesman for the Biodiversity Project.