E-M:/ Pelkey up to the task as recycling coordinator

Pelkey up to the task as recycling coordinator
The Alpena News - Sara Robinson

snip
Creating a viable three-county wide recycling program is no mean task. But if anyone is up to the job, it’s Tom Pelkey.

Pelkey, who was recently selected as the Montmorency-Oscoda-Alpena Solid Waste Management Authority’s first recycling coordinator, has been one of the driving forces behind recycling efforts in a number of Michigan counties.

E-michers,

I doubt  there is any one individual who has volunteered more time and effort to promote and establish local recycling programs  then Tom Pelkey. I first met Tom in late 1988 when he started S.A.V.E, a group of volunteer recyclers. Under Tom's direction there was little this group didn't accomplish. By 1995 as a  result of Tom's efforts  and SAVE's persistence curbside recycling was established in 90% of Saginaw County and an incinerator moratorium was written into the county solid waste plan. We spent countless weekends and hours together sorting, marketing and educating people on the THREE R's.

Montmorency-Oscoda and Alpena counties are fortunate to have a person of Tom's passion and commitment. It's fine note for this Saginaw County resident to end the year with............Congratulations Tom.

Michelle

Michelle Hurd Riddick

Lone Tree Council

Saginaw, MI