E-M:/ Bald Eagle

I do not know if this is the place to spread the news about my exciting sighting, but I am anyhow.

Driving back from Clare Michigan today, passed through the Maple River wetland where 127 runs through the middle of it.

I always check to see what activity I might spy in the area and as I looked to the West side, there perched on a dead tree was a Bald Eagle.

It was a site to behold-picture perfect!  I have never seen one in Michigan and never thought a sighting would be in the lower Michigan next to a highway.

My hopes for the new year is this sighting is a indicator that some environmental management programs are heading us in the correct directions.

May our new year bring more encouraging indicators.

Leanne Meyer
Mason