RE: E-M:/ Ann Arbor Energy Forum February 8th

I support renewable energy, and this looks like a good event from a good organization. I have experimented with solar panels and wind power, and I'm about to buy a Ford Escape Hybrid.

But I must say that the keynote speaker is an interesting choice, since Ann Arbor City Commission and the Mayor Hieftje just killed a proposal to include hybrids in the City's so-call GREEN vehicle fleet.

Fred Mercer

Enviro-Mich message from joyofom@aol.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT: Val Constance, WPA Publicity Chair, (734) 662-1563

Ann Arbor's Women Progressive Activists (WPA's) proudly present
"Renewable Energies and Energy Conservation" at 7:00 PM on Wednesday,
February 8, 2006. This event is free and open to the public.

Ann Arbor Mayor John Hieftje will speak about his enthusiasm for
increasing Ann Arbor's use of renewable energy. Jennifer Alvarado,
Executive Director of the Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association
(GLREA,) and Aileen Gow, Director of Urban Options, will also present.
A question and answer session will follow. WPA Member Rebekah Warren
will moderate.

Please join us at 7:00 PM on February 8, 2006 at the Church of the Good
Shepard, 2145 Independence, Ann Arbor. Independence is off of Packard
near the Georgetown Krogers. 2145 is at the intersection of Powell and
Independence. For more information, visit the WPA website
http://www.wpactivists.org/., or call Val Constance, WPA publicity
chair, at (734) 662-1563. This event is free and open to the public.

submitted on enviro-mich by
Joyce Olmsted
Chair, WPA Environment Committee
joyofom@aol.com