Re: E-M:/ Where is the flood risk in Ann Arbor?

Enviro-Mich message from Roger Kuhlman <rokuhlman@yahoo.com>

Question: How many homes in the Ann Arbor Greenway
area have been lost to floods over the past 50 years?
Assuming that what you say about flood risk to homes
is correct, it could well be that we are talking about
80% of a negligible risk which then would be
negligible. Also does the risk area include all of the
Ann Arbor Greenway area? Hardly seems like compelling
arguments to oppose the building of medium-rise
housing downtown and divert public monies away from
other environmental projects with higher ecological
and conservation payoffs.

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan