Re: E-M:/ human population impact

Enviro-Mich message from Roger Kuhlman <rokuhlman@yahoo.com>

Philosophically I agree with you that a person's
quality of life is not dependent on her level of
consumption. However the way most economists,
politicians, and media folks talk about living
standards here in America equates them with the amount
of money one makes and the amount of goods one
consumes. Unfortunately the vast majority of Americans
think of standards of living in the same terms. It is
very difficult to get people to think of good living
conditions in a different way.

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan