Re: E-M:/ Criticism and replies about the Ann Arbor Greenway proposal

Enviro-Mich message from Roger Kuhlman <rokuhlman@yahoo.com>

Unfortunately the proposed Ann Arbor greenway does not
create significant greenspace in Ann Arbor. It is not
NYC's Central Park and it diverts significant public
monies away from land-use purchases and projects that
would have significant environmental and conservation
payoffs. I would suggest you walk the area of the
proposed Ann Arbor greenway and see what natural
features would be protected by building it. Very, very
few. Then I could show you privately owned lands both
within and nearby Ann Arbor with treasurehouses of
natural features that are threatened with development.
Where should the money be put?

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan

http://www.sierraclub.org/sprawl/community/transformations/index.asp