E-M:/ Gravel Mining Operations

Stoneco of Michigan has applied to Ross Township (Kalamazoo Area, Richland and Gull Lake) for a special exception use permit to allow the establishment of a gravel mining and extraction operation. Citizens are mobilizing, and we have quite a bit of research generated already, but I thought I would send out a note through E-M to get any insight into other’s experiences either fighting these gravel pits or living in their vicinity.  Thank you for any thoughts, advice, or experience you’d like to share.

Anne P. Couture

Couture Environmental Strategies LLC

1451 Shoal Ave.

Richland, MI 49083