E-M:/ Press Release for meetings about planning for after Peak Oil

The Lansing Post-Petroleum Planning Project (LP4) is holding some initial meetings beginning in February.

A press release is attached; the text is below in case the attached press release was stripped from this message.
Please feel free to repost/forward this announcement to anyone whom you feel might want to participate.

Can You Still Call
It A Crisis If It's Forever?

Living in Post-Petroleum Lansing

What does Lansing’s future hold now that the cheap energy era is gone?  The CEO of Shell Oil writes that “easy oil has probably passed its peak.”  (http://www.energybulletin.net/12327.htmlWhat that means is that, from now on, we will have to take account of energy in nearly every decision we make:  where can we live, what can we afford to eat, what work will be available and how can we get to it, how can we heat our homes—these are just a few examples of the problems that will be harder without the abundant, cheap energy we’re accustomed to.

To begin preparing for the transition, a few people have decided to form the Lansing Post-Petroleum Planning Project (LP4).  We want to develop a way for people in and around Lansing to study the problem, analyze alternatives, and work together to prepare for living here after the end of cheap energy.

            We will begin with a series of public meetings.  You are invited to join us.

        WHERE:  Lansing Main Library, Gallery B (401 S. Capitol Ave. at Kalamazoo).

            Parking is free in Lansing on weekends, and the main CATA bus terminal is very near by (for bus route information, visit cata.org or call CATA at 394-1000).

        WHEN:  10 AM-12 noon on four Saturdays: Feb 25, Mar 25, Apr 22, May 20, 2006

        Questions:  Direct inquiries to LP4 via e-mail to PeakOilLansingMI@yahoogroups.com

Curious?  Read a concise intro to the problem of "peak oil:”  http://www.energybulletin.net/primer.php