Re: E-M:/ Criticism and replies about the Ann Arbor Greenway proposal

Enviro-Mich message from Roger Kuhlman <rokuhlman@yahoo.com>

It is just not true that there is virtually no cost
for building the proposed Ann Arbor greenway. First
there is the direct cost $X which no advocates of the
proposal are not willing to make firm estimates. Then
there is the money the city of Ann Arbor forgoes by
not allowing buildings and parking lots to be
constructed on greenway land. That is a high price to
pay so that a few people in the local neighborhood
don't have see medium-rise buildings arise there.

I say the local neighborhood can have their greenway
if they are willing to voluntarily pay the full cost
of it out of their own wallets.

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan