E-M:/ Save Garfield Park wins!

Enviro-Mich message from "LuAnne G Kozma" <kozma@msu.edu>

E-M'ers

Residents in Grand Rapids successfully fought off the Salvation Army from pursuing their city park as the location of one of their multi-million dollar Kroc community centers/worship centers!

The Grand Rapids Press is going to have a more complete story tomorrow, but see the group's website: www.savegarfieldpark.com. It's one of the best websites I've seen for community organizing on an environmental issue.

I went to the City Commission meeting in Grand Rapids last week and spoke on the issue, and saw the community come out in opposition to the plan.

If anyone is interested in the issue of selling or "alienation" of parkland, please contact me.

LuAnne Kozma
Novi