E-M:/ UN DECADE OF EDUATION FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT SPEAKER SERIES

Enviro-Mich message from "Link, Terry" <link@mail.lib.msu.edu>

Monday March 13, 2006 at 7:30 in Room 158 Natural Resources at Michigan State University, Dr. John Gastil will speak on "What Might Democracy Look Like In a Sustainable Future"?

How we find our way towards a sustainable future is an essential concern of sustainability. Democracy is a powerful word with many faces. Dr. Gastil has written extensively on both the ideal of democracy as well as means of practicing it whether in small groups or in large nations.

Gastil is Associate Professor of Communication at the University of Washington and author of Deliberative Democracy Handbook(2005), By Popular Demand: Revitalizing Representative Democracy Through Deliberative Elections(2000), and Democracy in Small Groups(1993)

This series is sponsored by the MSU Office of Campus Sustainability, University Committee for a Sustainable Campus, Bailey Scholars Program, and RISE (Residential Initiative for the Study of Environment), Environmental Science and Public Policy

Terry Link, Director
Office of Campus Sustainability
Michigan State University
106 Olds Hall