E-M:/ Open Loop vs Closed Loop Geothermal Furnace

Enviro-Mich message from "Judith Lobato" <lobato@med.umich.edu>

I have an open loop geothermal furnace (water is pumped out of my well, run through the furnace and put back into a manmade pond).  I am concerned that this may help to deplete my aquifer, the 3 Fires.  Does anyone have some hard science regarding aquifers and open loop geothermal furnaces or pumping water out of a well and discharging into a surface pond/stream?

Thank you,

Judy