Re: E-M:/ Open Loop vs Closed Loop Geothermal Furnace

Enviro-Mich message from "Lowell Prag" <lprag@mail.msen.com>

Hello Jason,

A couple of questions:

By pressurizing the return well, do you mean just capping it
and letting the waste water discharge create the pressure?

What's the purpose of pressurizing: to reduce the oxygen level,
to deter algae, etc? If so, I'm not sure how that would help,
as the aerated waste water itself is a constant source of oxygen.

Would the chlorine be added through a feed system using line pressure
suction downstream of the check valve or does it need a separate piping
system directly to the return well and its own pump, or do you just drop
chlorine tablets into the return well?

What materials within the heat exchanger, would cause contamination?

Regards,

Lowell Prag