[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ "Building a Case for Local Food in Southeast MI" Sierra Club Meeting (Thurs, Mar 2)
- Subject: E-M:/ "Building a Case for Local Food in Southeast MI" Sierra Club Meeting (Thurs, Mar 2)
- From: Carol Izant <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:30:37 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=uLdDGs+DVwMG9Oh180Epq6T0Gjj2x+XM2wNw16CZ6jiP44aszhy1C6MucVnwU3cH7TCua/QJf8O6NvFcO0BhQBD/gv2XbT21a1M6ZoM/AKP4gHW5Esw33zPjtM5NLTgYAv7RGlVS3R4qkTYvoyNvRmb7+kd/BnPyIgXesxlHA08= ;
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Carol Izant <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Note: forwarded message attached.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
--- Begin Message ---
- Subject: Sierra Club/ SEMG Membership Meeting
- From: Southeast Michigan Group <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 04:37:23 -0800
- Authentication-results: mta252.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=comcast.net; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
- Reply-to: Southeast Michigan Group <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sierra Club/Southeast MI Group (SEMG)
?Building a Case for Local Food in Southeast Michigan?
Thursday, March 2, 2006
Northwest Unitarian-Universalist Church
23925 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI
(located along the southbound US 10 service drive between 9 & 10 Mile)
If you have ever questioned the wisdom of relying upon a supply of food that is grown, processed and shipped from thousands of miles away, this will be the meeting for you! The long distance food habit has provoked a nation-wide response in the form of a growing (no pun intended!) local foods movement. We will examine the perils & pitfalls associated with the global supermarket and invite you to reclaim the homegrown pleasures that exist for consumers in Southeast Michigan. Mary LaFrance, owner of the Lakeplain Prairie Organic Farm will discuss the rise of community supported agriculture (CSA?s) in Michigan. Representatives from the Detroit Agricultural Network will share their latest strategy for reclaiming the harvest in the City of Detroit and Healthy Traditions Network representatives will outline their agenda for connecting you to local sources of good food in Southeast Michigan.
Don?t forget this is a Potluck Meeting?please consider a dish to pass made from foods grown and/or processed in Michigan!
(for more information about Sierra Club Programs please contact :
Carol Izant, Program Chair at email@example.com or 248.352.6137)
If you do not wish to receive further email messages of this type, reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be removed from this list.
85 Second Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
--- End Message ---