Re: E-M:/ Wayne County Town Hall meeting tonight

Enviro-Mich message from Andrew Mutch <andrewimutch@yahoo.com>

Jack,

Have potential park properties or properties for
acquisition been identified and brought forward to the
County? Knowing your involvement in this area, I'm
assuming that the answer is yes. But I know that local
and county officials often have to be pushed to even
look at these sites, much less consider them for
acquisition. You make a good point that Wayne County's
lack of effort in this area is in stark contrast to
Oakland County's aggressive efforts to acquire land
around the County. While I think many people assume
that much of Wayne County is too developed for
significant land acquisition, the reality is that
there are still areas of the County that have sizeable
amounts of undeveloped land. Also, there should be
opportunities in some of the more affluent portions of
the County to partner with the local governments to
pool funds to acquire land.

Andrew Mutch
Novi