Re: E-M:/ News Release: Governor Signs Landmark Water-Use Protections Into Law

David Holtz, Michigan Director, Clean Water Action
"The question for us today is what to do about enforcing the new rules, plugging the big  loophole, protecting the Great Lakes, and putting the public firmly in control of our waters."

This last statement is completely correct.  Moving on starting tomorrow we will be looking to the enviro-network and a sponsor legislator to plug the specific loophole of water container size diverting the water outside the Great Lakes basin.  After that legislation is introduced, the real fight will be with the same known legislators that have always obstructed any meaningful controls on water diversion and pollution.  Remember it is harder to correct a wrong after it has been set in place as original policy.  Expect a tough fight.