Re: E-M:/ Re: State Forest Planning Initiatives Slated for 2006 and 2007

Enviro-Mich message from Roger Kuhlman <rokuhlman@yahoo.com>

It would be helpful if someone who is knowledgeable
about forest ecology could give our group a concise
rundown on what condition the state's forests
ecosystems are in now. All I know about where state
forest ecosystems stand is derived from the book
"Michigan Trees" by professors Barnes and Wagner. They
show there has been a massive change in forest
communities since pre-settlement days.

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan