Re: E-M:/ RE: / Action Alert: Stop Michigan state park sale bills

Enviro-Mich message from dwelker@up.net

It it my impression that not only can state park lands be sold under current legislation, but that their forests may be commercially logged.  When I helped lay out the route of the North Country National Scenic Trail through Craig Lake State Park in the U.P., I made the remark to some state employee in DNR - Parks that it was great that the trail was now in an area with permanent protection.  He said, though, that the intent had always been that commercial logging might take place there.  Does anyone know if this is true for all state parks?

       -doug welker-