E-M:/ News from Sustainable Detroit

Enviro-Mich message from Jacob Stevens Corvidae <jacob@ic.org>

Here's an update of all the latest and greatest happenings at Sustainable Detroit:

	1. Hello!
	2. Successes of the past year
	3. Great volunteer opportunities!
	4. New Discussion Forums
	5. Join the network
	6. Save the date for Bioneers

1. Hello!
Hello from Sustainable Detroit. For anyone unfamiliar with us, Sustainable Detroit is a loose network of organizations in and around Detroit that are working to create a sustainable future for our region.
Sustainable Detroit grew out of the Adamah project as an attempt to create a concrete step toward realizing a sustainable vision for Detroit. SD exists primarily as a website and listserv, as well as an informal network of connections.
This email is an annual update of Sustainable Detroit's progress.

2. Successes of the past year
This past year has been quite successful. Sustainable Detroit now has 46 organizations in the Network. We still hear stories of important leads people have gotten from our "Announce" listserv, and people have been able to find event information through our calendar.
Also, we were proud to host the website for the first annual Great Lakes Bioneers Detroit conference this past year. This internationally acclaimed conference was a great success and we look forward to help bring it to Detroit again in 2006.

3. Great volunteer opportunities!
As people's lives change, so do our volunteer needs!
Martha Lincoln has been a steady source of amazing volunteer work for Sustainable Detroit since it's inception. She is now moving on to work her magic elsewhere and we need to find a volunteer or three to make up the difference.
Do you have 15 minutes to an hour a week that you could give to put sustainability on the map in Detroit? A variety of tasks are available, can be done from anywhere, and would make a great difference in building this network. If you are intersted, please contact us at info@sustainabledetroit.org. Training for the tasks is available. Basic email comfort is needed.

4. New Discussion Forums
We've added discussion forums to Sustainable Detroit's website. We've just started playing with these have a great site set-up for it. Now we just need you -- come discuss and share your thoughts on a variety of sustainability topics. Just look in our Network section for Forums.

5. Join the network
Organizations -- do you know an organization that should be listed in our network? If so, please suggest they contact us to get listed. Or send us their contact info and why you think they should be invited to join.
Individuals -- sign up for our listservs, or join discussions on the forums. Help make Detroit sustainable and find others who share your passion.

6. Save the date for Bioneers
Save the date: October 20-22, 2006 the Great Lakes Bioneers Detroit conference is coming again. Watch our website for more information as it becomes available.

Thanks for reading. Let us know if you have other thoughts you'd like to share at:
info@sustainabledetroit.org.

Yours,
Jacob Corvidae
for Sustainable Detroit