[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Job opening - Community Organizer
- Subject: E-M:/ Job opening - Community Organizer
- From: Mike Garfield <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:46:39 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Mike Garfield <email@example.com>
The Ecology Center is hiring a part-time community organizer for the Ann Arbor area to maximize city recycling rates and to encourage sustainable households. The Ecology Center is a Michigan-based environmental organization that works for a safe and healthy environment where people live, work, and play. The Community Organizer will build and coordinate a network of volunteers in Ann Arbor to promote environmental activism that people can do at their homes. The position will develop a Neighborhood Action Network to conduct the following activities:
• promote Recycle Ann Arbor’s curbside recycling programs in Ann Arbor neighborhoods to achieve the highest possible levels of participation;
• promote the use of other recycling and composting services to achieve maximum participation;
• organize civic involvement by the Network’s volunteers to promote pro-recycling and pro-environment policies; and,
• encourage volunteers to create environmentally sustainable households.
The Community Organizer / Neighborhood Action Coordinator will recruit and maintain volunteers; coordinate public education and advocacy campaigns; coordinate publicity and educational materials; and help to develop and implement successful strategies.
• experience in grassroots community organizing and/or volunteer coordination;
• strong verbal and written communication skills;
• strong interpersonal skills;
• ability to develop project plans, coordinate and complete projects on time and budget;
• well-organized, self-motivated, and ability to work independently;
• knowledge of database, word processing, and internet software;
• Bachelor’s degree or two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
Salary is commensurate with relevant professional experience. The Ecology Center offers generous benefits, including medical, dental, four weeks vacation, and retirement. Hours are flexible.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a current writing sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please fax to (734) 663-2414, or mail to Ecology Center, 117 N. Division, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. For more information, please call (734) 761-3186.
Please apply before April 10, 2006. Applications received prior to April 10 will be given priority, but we will continue to receive applications until the position is filled.
The Ecology Center is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
117 N. Division
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 761-3186 ext. 104