E-M:/ Immigration Bills Could Massively Boost American Population

Enviro-Mich message from Roger Kuhlman <rokuhlman@yahoo.com>

The United States Senate will soon begin debate on a
proposed Senate Judiciary immigration bill that would
give amnesty to between 12 and 20 million illegal
immigrants and import another 25 to 30 million foreign
workers into our country over the next 10 years. FAIR
Federation for American Immigration Reform has done a
study of the demographic impact of these changes to
our immigration laws and finds that they will boost
the population of the United States to 500 million by
2050. You can go to the FAIR website and read their
analysis at
http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=research_06projections
  .

I don't know how any real environmentalist can look on
an America with 500 million people with equanimity. A
population that large in America will certainly play
major havoc with our environment, natural resources,
and natural habitats so we must do all we can to see
it does not happen. As environmentalists we need to
oppose giving amnesty to illegal immigrants and
increasing levels of legal immigration.

If you believe as I do, I suggest you go to NumbersUSA
on the web http://www.numbersusa.com/index to use
their free fax service [fax congress free] to send
messages to Michigan's Senators that America does not
need more immigration whether it is legal or illegal.
500 million Americans is just way too much.

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan