E-M:/ US Senate Starts Voting on Immigration Bills Today

Enviro-Mich message from Roger Kuhlman <rokuhlman@yahoo.com>

The US Senator may begin voting today on Immigration
reform bills that will give amnesty to 12 to 20
million illegal immigrants in our country and allow
the importation of another 25 to 30 million foreign
workers and their families over the next decade. These
changes in US immigration law if enacted will likely
build the current American population from 300 million
people to 500 million people in 2050. A population
increase of this size will do drastic further
environmental damage to our natural resources and
natural habitats. It will give a huge boost to energy
consumption, waste and pollution generation, and
suburban and exurban sprawl.

Please call our two Democratic Senators to tell them
to oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants and large new
guestworker programs.
Senator Carl Levin 202-224-6221
Senator Debbie Stabenow 202-224-4822

Thank you.