E-M:/ Out-of-State Trash Meetings

Dear Friends,

Representative Kathleen Law would like to invite you to two upcoming meetings on out-of-state trash.

The first is a townhall meeting on Canadian and out-of-state trash today, April 3, at the Kryzke Senior Center, 28245 Mineral Springs, in Waltz at 5:30 p.m.  She is holding this meeting to discuss ideas on how to continue to put pressure on the Michigan legislature to act, how to handle the ongoing impact to our communities and to hear from you.

The second meeting is a public hearing hosted by Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.  This hearing is at 7:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 19, 2006, at Huron High School located at 32044 Huron River Drive regarding Carleton Farms Landfill's application to expand their landfill.  For those of you who don't know, this is the landfill that receives most of the City of Toronto's garbage and sewage sludge.  Those wishing to provide written or verbal comments on this proposed expansion should attend.  If you cannot attend this meeting, please send your comments to Benedict Okwumabua, Ph.D., Southeast Michigan District Supervisor, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, 27700 Donald Court, Warren, MI 48092.

We hope to see you tonight at the Kryzke Center.

Thanks,
Karin Bauman
Office of State Representative Kathleen Law
kbauman@house.mi.gov