E-M:/ Ecology design and agriculture

Enviro-Mich message from "Link, Terry" <link@mail.lib.msu.edu>

Ecology, Design and Agriculture:
A New Synthesis

Monday, April 10th 4:00-6:00pm in rm A155 Plant and Soil Science bld
on the MSU campus

Presenter: Dave Jacke of Dynamics Ecological Design specializes in Landscape
Design, Site Planning, Permaculture and is the author of the recently
published 'Edible Forest Gardens.'

The monoculture mindset of our current culture separates things that are, in
reality, integral to each other. The science of ecology, the art of design,
and the practice of growing food are three related disciplines that stand
divorced from each other in America today. What might an ecologically
designed agriculture look like? We will focus here on the concept of edible
forest gardening as an example of such a synthesis appropriate to the
temperate deciduous forest biome, and then extend the discussion to other
regions.

Sponsored by Ecological Food and Farm Stewardship RSO
msuorganicfarm.com

Terry Link, Director
Office of Campus Sustainability
Michigan State University