E-M:/ Ban on Open Water Dumping

Granholm signs bill to strengthen ban on open water dumping
WOOD-TV - Grand Rapids,MI,USA
... 1970s. Supporters say the legislation will help protect Michigan waters from the spread of contaminants such as mercury and dioxin. ...

Speaking of not letting dioxins spread in our waters, let me call your attention once again to Dave Dempsey's posting two days ago. Link below to Great Lakes Town Hall.

Satellite photo of the Saginaw Bay reveals the sediment plume from the
Saginaw River, very visible due to low water levels. Concentrations of dioxin in the Saginaw River have reached concentrations of 16,000 ppt.

It's been 25 years since Region V EPA and the State of Michigan discovered
the presence of dioxin/furans in the Saginaw Bay and absolutely nothing has
been done to stop the flow of these sediments from the Saginaw River. This
photograph illustrates how sediments travel into the Bay (scroll down to
first post).

http://www.greatlakestownhall.org/bulletin/reports.php

MIchelle Hurd Riddick
Lone Tree Council