Re: E-M:/ Will Michigan enviros and other progressives "crash the gate"

Enviro-Mich message from Roger Kuhlman <rokuhlman@yahoo.com>

I can't see that there is any help in the Democratic
Party either. They seem to be in as much in the
clutches of special interests and corporate power as
the Republican Party. For example virtuallly all
Democratic Senators are strongly supporting the cheap
labor immigration bill that came out of the Senate
Judiciary Committee. It not only gives amnesty to up
to 20 million illegal immigrants in our country but
also ups legal immigration to 25 to 30 million new
foreign workers and their dependents over the next
decade.

Foreign immigration both legal and illegal is the
overwhelming force driving high population growth in
America (currently we add 3.3 million people
annually). If the Senate Judiciary bill should become
law, we can look forward to an America with 500
million people in it by 2050. That is 200 million more
people than today. Who thinks that will be good for
either the American environment or the World
environment? A lot of hard earned gains that the
environmental movement has achieved in the past will
be lost as the American population continues to grow
swiftly upwards.

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan

--- "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <ajs@sagady.com>