Re: E-M:/ RE: / Organic Shopping - Local Royal Oak Market

Thanks very much for this excellent compilation, Maggie. I've added it into our web list of sustainable alternatives to agri-food production:
http://www.nocafos.org/sustain.htm

-Janet Kauffman
ECCSCM

Maggie Fields wrote:
Enviro-Mich message from "Maggie Fields" <FIELDSM@michigan.gov>

>From the previous emails and searching, I've compiled the info below.
Most are not organic only but include some listings.
FYI

Select Michigan Program  - Michigan Department of Agriculture (MDA)
The site provides a hard copy Directory of Farm Markets, U-Picks, Cider Mills, etc. and allows on-line searches by county or city for markets or product.  There is also an FAQ on markets listed.
www.michigan.gov/deq/0,1607,7-125-1570_2468_30432---,00.html
www.mda.state.mi.us/market/u-pick/index.asp#FARMERS%20MARKETS

Community Supported Agriculture
www.nal.usda.gov/afsic/csa/
www.csafarms.org/   (Michigan only)

Local Harvest
Lists markets, co-ops and grocery stores with local foods, organic restaurants, etc.
www.localharvest.org

Michigan Organic Food and Farm Alliance (MOFFA)
www.moffa.org/brochures/2005market.pdf
www.moffa.org/brochures/2005business.pdf
List by county of farmers' markets and other businesses that sell local and organic products

MSU list of  farmers markets
http://farmersmarkets.msu.edu

Michigan Travel's list of farm markets
www.michigan.org/travel/shopping/index.asp?m=5;2

Organic Consumers
www.organicconsumers.org/purelink.html
In addition to farmers markets, coops, restaurants, this site also lists organic products.

Sweetwater Market  - Muskegon
www.sweetwaterlocalfoodsmarket.org
"Michigan's first*to exclusively sell products from humanely raised animals and fruits & vegetables grown in an ecologically sound manner."

"Taste the Local Difference" for NW Michigan - MI Land Use Institute
www.LocalDifference.org

USDA list of Michigan Farmers Markets
www.ams.usda.gov/farmersmarkets/States/Michigan.htm

Vegetarian Michigan
www.vegetarianusa.com/city/Michigan.html
Lists restaurants, coops, health food stores, retailers, etc. that carry local and organic foods.

West Michigan FRESH
www.foodshed.net
This site has a pdf and an on-line searchable guide for all of west Michigan.