Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:25 PM
Subject: E-M:/ Conservation leaders form political action committee

Bobier is upfront about the differences he sees between the conservation PAC and more environmentally minded groups.

"I don't want to create a split between the conservation and environmental communities, but we have to be practical and the idea is to find candidates who will apply practical conservation principles," he said "They must have an appreciation of the utilization of working land. They have to know that all forests are not preserves, that you have to cut timber to keep it healthy."