E-M:/ William G. Milliken: Michigan's Passionate Moderate

From the Traverse City Record Eagle:

Milliken's support of the bottle return law — which the legislature refused
to pass, prompting Milliken and his wife Helen to campaign for it in a 1976
referendum — is just one of many contributions he made to the state's
environment, Milliken biographer and environmentalist Dave Dempsey said.

William and Helen Milliken will be honored April 21 at the Northern Michigan
Environmental Action Council's annual Environmentalist of the Year
Celebration. Dempsey will be the event's featured speaker.

Dempsey, author of "William G. Milliken: Michigan's Passionate Moderate,"
believes the key to understanding why Milliken should be known as Michigan's
"green governor" is his lifelong connection to Traverse City and his love of
the state's natural beauty.

http://www.record-eagle.com/2006/apr/09milliken.htm

I am on the last chapter of the book and recommend it to one and all. I never realized how special Bill Milliken is and I surely never understood until now what a blessing this man was to Michigan's natural resources. Leadership matters............

Another fine job by Dave Dempsey.

Michelle Hurd Riddick
Lone Tree Council