E-M:/ "Eat the Invasive" Garlic Mustard Dinner on April 29 in East Lansing

The Michigan Nature Association is hosting our second annual “Eat the Invasive” Garlic Mustard Dinner on Saturday, April 29th, from 4:00 – 7:00 pm.  The purpose of the dinner is to raise awareness of garlic mustard and other non-native, invasive plants that have been invading our fields, forests and wetlands.  Volunteers will be preparing many different recipes using this invasive but tasty, edible herb which is high in vitamins A and C.

Our program will feature presentations from Ryan O’Connor of the Michigan Natural Features Inventory and Jeff Evens from Michigan State University; they will be talking about many aspects of invasive species such as biological control and what new invasives are knocking at our door.  Also, you’ll have a chance to will the new, excellent book: Invasive Species of the Upper Midwest.

Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door.

Location: Hannah Community Center, 819 Abbott Rd., East Lansing, MI 48823

For tickets, contact Natalie Kent at the Michigan Nature Association at 517-655-5655 or e-mail nkent@michigannature.org.  More information at www.michigannature.org.  Hope to see you there.

Patrick Diehl

Development Director

Michigan Nature Association

326 East Grand River Avenue

Williamston, MI 48895

517-655-5655

517-655-5506 fax

pdiehl@michigannature.org

MNA: Dedicated to the preservation of Michigan’s natural heritage since 1952.

Visit our website at www.michigannature.org