E-M:/ General RV and DNR Announce Partnership

Enviro-Mich message from "Richard Morscheck" <morscher@michigan.gov>

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 25, 2006

Contacts: Ron Olson 517-335-4827, Dennis Anderson 248-349-0900 or Mary Dettloff 517-335-3014

General RV and DNR Announce Partnership

Stating that "everyone wins," DNR Parks and Recreation Division Chief Ron Olson and General RV General Manager Loren Baidas today announced a major partnership at a kickoff ceremony at Brighton Recreation Area.

Baidas presented Olson with a check for $6,000 to purchase 250 annual resident Motor Vehicle Permits that allow motor vehicle entry to all 97 state parks and recreation areas. All General RV customers who purchase a recreational vehicle in 2006 will be provided with a 2006 Motor Vehicle Permit and a DNR Recreation and Camping Guide. The transaction is expected to be the first of many more sales as General RV anticipates sales of up to 4,000 recreational vehicles in 2006.

"We share the same goal of providing a quality experience for campers and outdoor enthusiasts," Olson said. "This purchase provides important financial support for Michigan's premier state park and recreation system and it increases the value of General RV's products. Everyone wins with this agreement."

Baidas added, "Our customers recognize the value of a DNR Motor Vehicle Permit and this allows us to meet and exceed our commitment to a quality camping and Michigan travel experience. With the cost of travel, we felt it important to our customers to provide the ability to stay close to home and enjoy Michigan and all it has to offer."

The DNR motor vehicle permit allows motor vehicle access to all state parks and recreation areas for the entire calendar year. Nightly camping and reservation fees remain in place. In addition to the annual Motor Vehicle Permit, recreational vehicle purchasers will be provided a copy of the DNR Recreation and Camping Guide and can find a link to General RV from the DNR web site.

The Brighton Recreation Area is located in Livingston County, about five miles west of Brighton. For directions and maps, please visit the web site: www.michigan.gov/brighton.

Based in Wixom, General RV has six locations in Michigan and is considered the nation's largest recreational vehicle dealer.

The DNR is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state's natural resources for current and future generations.

###