[no subject]

Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davedem@hotmail.com>

The Traverse City Record-Eagle consistently publishes some of the best editorials in the state on environmental issues. This is another winner:

http://www.record-eagle.com/2006/apr/25edita.htm

It supports direct citizen intervention in negotiations between the state and a fruit processing operation over noxious odors that have fouled the area and ruined local quality of life for years.

It should never have come to this point, where local residents are forced to spend their own money to hire an attorney to make sure state officials do their jobs. But after years of frustration it was the logical next step.

"None of us can bear another season like the past five years without knowing that we're actually doing something in our best interest," Robbin Bustance, one of the neighbors attempting to join the litigation, told the Record-Eagle.