E-M:/ Update on Net Neutrality

Apparently, the House Energy and Commerce Committee
rejected the Markey Amendment for a strong net neutrality
amendment.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/4/26/142548/895

Activists at Daily Kos are focusing on Michigan Congressman
Bart Stupak to try to flip his vote.   You have to wonder why
a congressman from a rural northern Michigan district which already
has few broadband options for internet access would allow
the big internet providers to alter the Internet as we presently
know it to discriminate between content providers.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/4/26/142548/895

Here is the Markey Amendment for net neutrality
http://static.publicknowledge.org/pdf/markey-amend-20060404.pdf

Please note that the same guy, Texas Congressman Joe Barton, who
wants to trash the Clean Air Act is backing the effort to trash the
Internet as we presently know if by blocking efforts to ensure
that net neutrality is not damaged.

View the net neutrality video:
http://www.publicknowledge.org/node/307

Sign the petition
http://www.savetheinternet.com/blog/

http://www.savetheinternet.com/=map
shows that Upton and Rogers have
abandoned net neutrality and the Markey Amendment

Nancy Pelosi has come on board
http://www.democraticleader.house.gov/issues/net_neutrality_/index.cfm

657 Spartan Ave,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com