E-M:/ "Per instructions from my superiors, I dismissed the cases against ........"

Payoffs and political corruption varies between counties.  So what else is new?

DEQ: Builder filled in wetlands for Shelby Twp. condos; Grand View denies violating rules.

"Per instructions from my superiors, I dismissed the cases against Salome, J&S Family Enterprizes (sic), and Grandview Construction Co. this afternoon," Richardson wrote in an e-mail to Tracy Jones, an environmental quality analyst with the DEQ.

"It looks like the office is going back to the 1950s when Macomb County had a reputation for doing what developers wanted more than anything else," said Hugh Horton, a Harrison Township environmental activist.