E-M:/ RE: / Tribute to John Clark, organic leader in Michigan

Enviro-Mich message from "Anne Woiwode" <Anne.Woiwode@sierraclub.org>

Thanks to Kay for letting Enviro-Mich know of John Clark's work and
commitment over the years.  Both John and Merrill Clark have been stalwarts
in the fight to protect this place we all call home, having committed their
lives to organic farming, bringing their children into the business, and
taking on many other causes as well.

The Clarks are the classic example of living the life that we all believe we
should follow, and they have made it much easier for the rest of us by doing
so.  If you are a meat eater, perhaps you can also buy some of the Roseland
Organic Farms beef in memory of John (in the Lansing area it is sold at the
East Lansing Food Co-op) and help assure his legacy is sustained.

Anne Woiwode

EnviroMich Folks,

John Clark, husband of Merrill Clark and organic farmer and leader in
Michigan's organic movement has died. I am sure many of you have known both
John and Merrill far longer than I have. I am sure Merrill would appreciate
hearing from you.
Below is the URL to his obituary in the Dowagiac Daily News. There will be
a memorial service Friday, May 5, at 11 a.m. at the First Presbyterian
Church, 13 S. Fourth St., Niles.

Memorial contributions may be made in the memory of John Clark to the
Michigan Organic Food and Farm Alliance.

http://www.dowagiacnews.com/articles/2006/05/03/obituaries/dnobit1.txt

Merrill's email is macmerrill@aol.com
Her address is 27427 M-60 West, Cassopolis, MI 49031.
I asked her permission to put these online. She said she would love to hear
from folks about their memories of John.

-Kay Cumbow

enviro-mich"