E-M:/ Immigration legislation debate is now OFF TOPIC on EM

At this point I'm going to call a halt to the debate on the
national immigration legislation on this list.   The purpose of this list
is primarily for Michigan environmental protection and
conservation and this was the reason the list was started.

We do allow messages concerning the national
attack on environmental protection legislation and messages
on crucial national resource and environmental protection issues.
However, such messages are not
main purpose of the Enviro-Mich list.

I find that the continuing EM messaging battle over the immigration
legislation has too much non-environmental, non-Michigan
content and threatens to distort the reasons for this EM list being
in existence.   When these kind of flame wars go on, we start
losing people from the list (as I can see from system messages
I receive as list manager.)   At this point, for the purposes
of this list at least, the immigration legislation discussion
just becomes a  "wedge issue" to divide and distract the
environmental movement in Michigan from paying attention to
the Michigan and Great Lakes issues that are the principle reason
for EM in the first place.

All further discussion of the national immigration legislation shall
henceforth be considered "OFF TOPIC" on EM.

Participants who attempt to continue on this will be subject to list posting enforcement.

Sincerely,

Alex Sagady
Enviro-Mich Listmanager
& Sierra Club Michigan Chapter volunteer