Re: E-M:/ RE: / population/immigration

Closing borders and pretending that the issue of overconsumption will then go away boggles my mind.  I am dumbfounded by this mindset.  We are all on the same life raft hurtling through space.  When holes are poked into it then it eventually sinks, regardless of which country does the poking.

It seems to me that if all the time and energy spent ranting were redirected towards educating & publicizing the issues (in addition to cutting personal consumption)  then we would not be in this boat.  If global warming, overconsumption and other environmental issues got the news time that American Idol or "killer gators" ,then maybe something would happen to shift things.

Actions speak louder than words.
Namaste,
Edie