E-M:/ Levin on ethanol

Levin stumps for ethanol as an alternative to OPEC

U.S. Sen. Carl Levin, a ranking member of the Senate's Armed Services and Intelligence committees, said Wednesday that increasing ethanol production is a way for our nation to "really start fighting back against OPEC."

And fight we should, he says. In an interview with the Record-Eagle Wednesday, Levin said the nation's dependence on foreign oil is a looming national security issue that must be addressed. That makes ethanol critical for the nation's future, not just our pocketbooks or the environment.

http://www.record-eagle.com/2006/jun/01edit.htm