Re: E-M:/ Levin on ethanol

Enviro-Mich message from jmgear <jmgear@acd.net>

To learn more about why this is incredibly misguided (at best . . . and an intentional deception at worst) visit
http://peakoillansingmi.blogspot.com/

There are a number of entries explaining why ethanomania is hazardous to our health and that of our environment.

Levin stumps for ethanol as an alternative to OPEC

The issue:
Our reliance on foreign oil

Our view:
Ethanol is an alternative

Those hoping to build an ethanol plant south of Kingsley might not know it, but they've been drafted.

U.S. Sen. Carl Levin, a ranking member of the Senate's Armed Services and Intelligence committees, said Wednesday that increasing ethanol production is a way for our nation to "really start fighting back against OPEC."

And fight we should, he says. In an interview with the Record-Eagle Wednesday, Levin said the nation's dependence on foreign oil is a looming national security issue that must be addressed. That makes ethanol critical for the nation's future, not just our pocketbooks or the environment.

http://www.record-eagle.com/2006/jun/01edit.htm